Премини към съдържанието

Архивирана тема

Темата е твърде стара и е архивирана. Не можете да добавяте нови отговори в нея, но винаги можете да публикувате нова тема, в която да продължи дискусията. Регистрирайте се или влезте във вашия профил за да публикувате нова тема.

rock n roll

Помощ по английски

Препоръчан отговор

1 упр.

Dear Angela,

Thre is something I feel I must tell you, however strange it may seem.

Last night, while I was browsing the Web, an ancient warrior appeared before me. He was dressed in leather and he said he 1. had come / had bee coming from Ancient Rome. He explained he 2.had been taking / had taken part in the conquest of Britain as part of laudius' troops.

Somehow he 3.had travelled / had been travelling through time. He told me he 4. had tried / had been trying to get back to his time for two weeks but he 5 . had had / had been having no success! He 6. had left / had been leaving his young Druid wife and their small child defenseless in the woods. And he asked me for help.

Needless to say, I stared at him in disbelief...

2 упр. Преобразуване

1.Bartholdi began his career as a painted before he became a sculptor. (been)

Bartholdi ......................... before he turned to sculture.

2. When the statue's head was ready, it was exhibited at the 1878 Paris World's Fair. (after)

Bartholdi showed the statue's head at the 1878 Paris World's Fair.......................................... it.

3. The intricate skeleton for the statue was designed by the famed engineer Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel, already know for his brilliant iron railroad bridges. (become)

When Eiffel designed the intricate skeleton for the statue, he.................................... as an engineer of brilliant iron railroad bridges

4. Until the sprint of 1885, when she was dismantled for the long voyage to America, Liberty remained in Paris (left)

Liberty .......................................................... until the spring of 1885, when she was dismantled for the long voyage to America.

5. Since the Statue was a joint effort between America and France, it was agreed that the American people were to build the pedestal (had)

The American people .......................................... of the statue because it was seen as a joint effort between America and France.

6. The Statue of Liberty was designated a National Monument in 1924 and a World Heritage Site in 1984 (already)

When the Statue of Liberty was announced a World Heritage Site in 1984,............................................. a National Monument in 1924

3 упр. Оградете верния отговор:

1. The chief asked the invaders to leave his fellow tribesmen .... peace.

a) at

b) with

c) in

d) by

2. The Temple has remained ......... glory despite the difficult times

a) in its first

b) at its first

c) in its original

d) at its original

3. Since the Committee had ....... of money they had to abandon the project.

a) lost

b) spent

c) given out

d) run out

4. Many buildings were burnt to the ..... during the riots.

a) ground

b) base

c) grounds

d) bases

5. When the King dies, his eldest son will succeed him ...... the throne

a) on

b) to

c) at

d) over

6. These days, if the computer network crashed, the whole officed would ........ to a halt.

a) go

b) get

c) grind

d) arrive

Сподели този отговор

Линк към този отговор
Сподели в други сайтове

Информация

Поставихме бисквитки на устройството ви за най-добро потребителско изживяване. Можете да промените настройките си за бисквитки, или в противен случай приемаме, че сте съгласни с нашите условия за ползване.